This building is 4 separate cottages that were built as almshouses. They were built in 1856 at the request of a Miss Herrick. They have the inscription ‘Offer unto God thanksgiving’. The Herrick family have played an important role in the village since 1615. This was when William Herrick gave a pulpit to St Mary’s church. The almshouses are still in use today (2013). (Historic England.org.uk).