The church of St Senara in the small Cornish village of Zennor is one of the historic delights of the St Ives area. The present church dates to the 12th century, but it is thought to stand on the site of a cell founded by the 6th century saint Senara, whose name has been altered over the centuries to become ‘Zennor’.
This stone sundial hangs from the the south facing wall of the bell tower. It was made in 1737 by Paul Quick and shows both the symbols of death(cross bones) and immortality(angel’s head & wings). Along the top is engraved « The Glory of the world paseth »